Heed Buffett & Ignore Forecasts
Earlier this week, we discussed the first six of a total 12 lessons that the markets taught us in 2014 about prudent investment strategies. To recap:
- Lesson 1: Active management is a loser’s game
- Lesson 2: The economy and the stock market are very different things
- Lesson 3: Diversification is always working; sometimes you like the results and sometimes you don’t
- Lesson 4: Sell in May and go away is the financial equivalent of astrology
- Lesson 5: Even with a clear crystal ball …
- Lesson 6: Inflation wasn’t, and isn’t, inevitable
Many of these lessons make repeat appearances over the years. Unfortunately, a lot of investors fail to learn from them. So here are lessons seven through nine in hopes that maybe 2015 will be different.
Read the rest of the article on ETF.com.